Tuesday 22 April 2014

Talking Graves

Standing desolate and forgotten
Among shrinking shrubs and peeping crucifixes
Washed by rain and sun
Dotting the distant spaces
Like eroded ant hills unattended
But I listen and hear

Voices from the grave
Murmuring and humming
Now loud, then silent
Playing drums of rattling bones
Cranking and creaking coffin lids
I hear them whisper

Desolate and forgotten
Memories filled with nostalgia
A past they lived and loved
And a present forgotten
Memories of conquests and loses
I can hear them whimper

I listen and hear
Drowning thuds and unending taps
Like footsteps fading away
Growing faster and lighter
And dashing to a speedy run
I can hear them whir   

 












                                                                                        

by Okandiogada

No comments:

Post a Comment